Date: Thursday 4th October 2007
Time: 10.00am - 12.00pm
Venue: FOCAS Centre, Camden Row
Chair: Dr Frank McMahon
Building on the findings from our recent Research Support Survey, we invite all staff to attend a seminar to explore some new initiatives for supporting researchers throughout the Institute.
One of these initiatives will:
1. Raise the profile of individual researchers
2. Showcase the Institute's academic research output
3. Disseminate research findings to a greater audience
4. Connect those with similar research interests
5. Facilitate further networking and collaborative opportunities
Answer: An institutional research repository
This seminar will provide an opportunity to learn more, see a repository in action and explore the possibilities for DIT.
10.00am Welcome and opening remarks Professor Brian Norton
10.15am Library support for research: new initiatives Ann McSweeney - Senior Librarian
10.30am What is a Research Repository? Brian Gillespie - Faculty Librarian
10.45am TARA: A working research repository Niamh Brennan - TCD Library
11.15am How it would work in DIT Yvonne Desmond - Faculty Librarian
11.30am General discussion and closing remarks Dr Philip Cohen, Head of Library Services
Reserve a place with Anne Ambrose on email@example.com before Wednesday 26th September, please.